Eating on the HCG Diet
HCG Diet Total Daily Food Allowance
- 2 portions of fruit (1 Apple, 1 Orange, = Grapefruit, or handful of Strawberries)
- 2 very large portions of vegetables (Spinach, Chicory, Chard, Beet Greens, Green Salad, Celery, Tomatoes, Red Radishes, Onions, Cucumbers, Asparagus or Cabbage)
- 2 portions of protein (100 grams for lunch and 100 grams for dinner) CHOICES: Veal, Chicken Breast, White Fish, Lobster, Crab or Shrimp. NO BEEF, NO PORK, NO SAUSAGE OR BURGERS OF ANY KIND.
- 2 portions of Carbohydrates (1 piece melba toast or 1 small bread stick)
- Any quantity of non-caloric fluid
DO NOT TAKE LAXATIVES OR DIARETICS ON HCG DIET YOU WILL NOT LOSE WEIGHT!
The juice of one lemon is allowed daily. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram etc. for seasoning, but no butter, oil or dressing. Tea, coffee, plain water or mineral water are the only drinks allowed. You should drink at least 2 liters of these fluids per day. The fruit or breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but no more than four items listed at lunch or dinner may be eaten at one meal.
HCG Diet Sample Diet Day
|TIME||MEAL||WHAT TO EAT|
|9:00 AM||Breakfast||Have any non-caloric fluid like coffee, tea, diet soda
or Crystal Light
(one tablespoon skim milk permitted)
|11:00 AM||Snack||One piece of fruit that (on the list)|
|12:30 PM||Lunch||1 serving of vegetable and 1 serving of protein and 1 serving of carbohydrate|
|3:30 PM||Snack||Another serving of fruit|
|6:30 PM||Dinner||1 serving of vegetable and 1 serving of protein and 1 serving of carbohydrate|
|8:00 PM||Evening||A cup of tea, diet soda (don't forget to increase your water intake)|
After dedicating yourself to the daily 500-calorie diet and the HCG injections, advocates say you'll have better eating habits for the rest of your life and once you've achieved your target weight, it's a good idea to leave the drastic diet but maintain a sustainable, healthy lifestyle.